According to market research firm IBISWorld, they have identified five industries for startups that are expected to take off in 2012 and continue to excel for years to come; those sectors include:
1. Corporate Wellness Services: the average annual growth rate is projected to reach 8.7% and annual revenue growth rate will reach 9.8% by 2016.
2. Food Trucks and Street Vendors: projected to achieve average annual revenue growth of 3.7% over the next five years to top a total of $1.7 billion
3. Social Commerce: there is a projection of annual revenue growth rate of 9.6% by 2016 for e-commerce firms.
4. Social Network Game Development: industry revenue is projected to grow an average of 24.4% annually for the next five years.
5. Wineries: This year alone, more than 280 wineries are expected to open in the U.S.
What do you think the likelihood of these sectors thriving to the levels that IBISWorld projects?
To find out more about IBISWorld’s research visit them at: http://www.ibisworld.com
To follow them on Twitter to stay abreast of their latest findings: @IBISWorld
Copyright 2012. Foreman & Associates, LLC./Natasha Foreman.